Saturday, September 27, 2008

week 9 Thing#23

LOL Fair(y) Use Tale. When we talk to students about using copyright images and that Google images are not copyrighted we get a lot of eye rolls. More students would obey picture copyright laws if they were required to cite their picture source. I feel many teachers overlook copyright laws because it is just too tough to keep track of what is allowed and what isn't. I like this copyright chart. Easy to read and learn what is A okay and what is a no no.
To sum up this 23 Things in one word - FOREFRONT. Looking back at my 23 things I feel creating my own blog, posting feeds, creating funky pictures (love that imagechef) were probably some of the best Things that I learned about. I can't really find anything Thing that wasn't a valuable activity. This was an amazing learning adventure that wasn't too taxing. Learning had a creative fun element to it. One of the best suggestions, now that I am finished, was to keep my blog as an educational blog and to post the link to my email signature. I will miss leaning more Things and have suggested that a biweekly Thing be emailed to us so we can continue keeping up with technology.

Thing 24 If you want to load a document to your blog try Scribd. I wanted to upload that copyright chart and it was a pdf file. What's a girl to do? Google for a way to upload a pdf file to your blog. Google is my Easy Button.

No comments: