Thursday, September 25, 2008

week 8 Thing #19

Lots of discussion about the books I posted to Library Thing. I thought is was interesting that the first 200 books u post are free and then there are fees if you want to post more. The best bet is $25 smackers for a lifetime membership. How long is that? Really? This would be an awesome way for churches, library classrooms to keep track and share what books they have in their collection. As for my personal use I could see using this Library Thing if I were extremely organized and looking for something to do, which I am not. This is a fun tool. Wouldn't it be great to use with high school students to map their reading life of favorite books from toddler to today? I saw an English teacher do this using a podcast to create a history of personal reading journeys. I think this would be a fun way to create one too.

No comments: