Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week 5 Thing #11

I checked out a few of web 2.0 and played a bit. Google Docs was reintroduced to me this past spring. Excellent way for students to work collaboratively on a document and or powerpoint. We were finding it difficult for students to work on a document together. It often involved one student being in charge of creating the word document with input being given to them either verbally or written. Google Docs allows for collaboration to take place, each student can add to the same document. Once an account is created go to new to select the kind of document you want to create - document, spreadsheet or presentation (powerpoint). All students need to do is set up an account in Google. Free of course. Another app I checked out was Twitter the podcast I listen to (TWIT) keeps mentioning Twitter and I have always meant to Google it but now I have bumped into it on the Web2.0 award winning list. Twitter is a social network that you can use to tell what your friends, family and coworkers what you are doing every minute of the day. You simply answer the question, What are you doing? In my world of teaching information at the high school I better know what is going on or "gasp" I will look outdated!

No comments: